If you cannot access any of the publications linked below due a paywall (i.e. pay-to-read/download), then please contact me with the title of the publication and I will email you a PDF version.
- 10 F. Sallaba, S. Olin, K. Engström, A. M. Abdi, N. Boke-Olén, V. Lehsten, J. Ardö, and J. W. Seaquist. (2017). Future supply and demand of net primary production in the Sahel. Earth System Dynamics 8, 1191-1221.
- 9 S. Georganos, A. M. Abdi, D. E. Tenenbaum, S. Kalogirou. (2017). Examining the NDVI-rainfall relationship in the semi-arid Sahel using geographically weighted regression. Journal of Arid Environments 146, 64-74.
- 8 L. Eklund, A. M. Abdi, M. Islar. (2017). From Producers to Consumers: The Challenges and Opportunities of Agricultural Development in Iraqi Kurdistan. Land 6(2) 44.
- 7 T. Tagesson, J. Ardö, B. Cappelaere, L. Kergoat, A. M. Abdi, S. Horion, R. Fensholt. (2017). Modelling spatial and temporal dynamics of GPP in the Sahel from Earth observation-based photosynthetic capacity and quantum efficiency. Biogeosciences 14, 1333.
- 6 A. M. Abdi, N. Boke-Olén , D. E. Tenenbaum, T. Tagesson, B. Cappalaere, J. Ardö. (2017). Evaluating water controls on vegetation growth in the semi-arid Sahel using field and Earth observations data. Remote Sensing 9(3) 294.
- 5 N. Boke-Olén, A. M. Abdi, O. Hall, V. Lehsten. (2017). High-resolution African population projections from radiative forcing and socio-economic models, 2000 to 2100. Scientific Data 4: 160130.
- 4 A. M. Abdi, A. Vrieling, G. T . Yengoh, A. Anyamba, J. Seaquist, C. C. Ummenhofer, J. Ardö. (2016). The El Niño-La Niña cycle and recent trends in the supply and demand of net primary production in African drylands. Climatic Change 38(1), 111-125.
- 3 A. M. Abdi, J. Seaquist, D. E. Tenenbaum, L. Eklundh, J. Ardö. (2014). The Supply and Demand of Net Primary Production in the Sahel. Environmental Research Letters 9: 094003.
- 2 R. E. Bell, K. Tinto, I. Das, M. Wolovick, W. Chu, T. T. Creyts, N. Frearson, A. M. Abdi, J. D. Paden. (2014). Deformation, warming and softening of Greenland’s ice by refreezing meltwater. Nature Geoscience, 7, 497–502.
- 1 A. M. Abdi. (2013). Integrating Open Access Geospatial Data to Map the Habitat Suitability of the Declining Corn Bunting (Miliaria calandra). ISPRS International Journal of Geoinformation. 2(4):935-954.
Publications in peer-review
- 14 E. L. Johansson and A. M. Abdi. (2017). Land use and land cover change in Kilombero Valley, Tanzania: Mixing methods to understand patterns, processes and impacts. In review at Land Degradation and Development.
- 13 F. Rizinjirabake, A. M. Abdi, D. E. Tenenbaum, P. Pilesjö. (2017). Dissolved organic carbon loading in stream waters in Rukarara River watershed in Rwanda. In review at Science of the Total Environment.
- 12 D. B. Metcalfe, [….] , A. M. Abdi. (2017). Identifying gaps and priorities in environmental research across the terrestrial Arctic biome. In review at Nature Ecology and Evolution.
- 11 N. Boke-Olén, V. Lehsten, A. M. Abdi, J. Ardö, A. A. Khatir. (2017). Implementing daily carbon allocation for grasses in a dynamic vegetation model for grazing applications in Sudan. In review at Rangeland Ecology and Management.
- A. M. Abdi, A. Nandipati. (2009). Abu Dhabi Island: Analysis of Development and Vegetation Change Using Remote Sensing (1972-2000). In E. Chuvieco, J. Li, and X. Yang (Eds.). Advances in Earth Observation of Global Change (Chapter 4: pp. 62-74). Berlin: Springer-Verlag. DOI:10.1007/978-90-481-9085-0
popular science articles
- A. M. Abdi: Chad is the country most vulnerable to climate change – here's why. (2017) The Conversation.
- A. M. Abdi: Somalia conflict and famine: the causes are bad governance, not climate change. (2017) The Conversation.
- A. M. Abdi: The downward spiral of conflict and famine in Somalia is due to the absence of good governance, not climate. (2017) Medium.
- A. M. Abdi, C. R. Drew (2000). Black-necked Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) – A New Breeding Species for the United Arab Emirates. Phoenix 17:20-21. Compiled & distributed by Mike C. Jennings (ABBA Coordinator). Published by NCWCD, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- A. M. Abdi, S. Javed. (2001). Breeding of Greater Flamingoes (Phoenicopterus roseus) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. IUCN Species Survival Commission/Flamingo Survival Group Bulletin. ISSN 1680-1857.