If you cannot access any of the publications linked below due a paywall (i.e. pay-to-read/download), then please contact me with the title of the publication and I will email you a PDF version.
13. D. B. Metcalfe, [….], A. M. Abdi. (2018). Patchy field sampling biases understanding of climate change impacts across the Arctic. Nature Ecology and Evolution.
12. F. Rizinjirabake, A. M. Abdi, D. E. Tenenbaum, P. Pilesjö. (2018). Riverine dissolved organic carbon in Rukarara River Watershed, Rwanda. Science of the Total Environment 643, 793-806. [PDF]
11. N. Boke-Olén, V. Lehsten, A. M. Abdi, J. Ardö, A. A. Khatir. (2018). Estimating Grazing Potentials in Sudan Using Daily Carbon Allocation in Dynamic Vegetation Model. Rangeland Ecology and Management. Online. [PDF]
10. F. Sallaba, S. Olin, K. Engström, A. M. Abdi, N. Boke-Olén, V. Lehsten, J. Ardö, and J. W. Seaquist. (2017). Future supply and demand of net primary production in the Sahel. Earth System Dynamics 8, 1191-1221. [Open Access]
9. S. Georganos, A. M. Abdi, D. E. Tenenbaum, S. Kalogirou. (2017). Examining the NDVI-rainfall relationship in the semi-arid Sahel using geographically weighted regression. Journal of Arid Environments 146, 64-74. [PDF]
8. L. Eklund, A. M. Abdi, M. Islar. (2017). From Producers to Consumers: The Challenges and Opportunities of Agricultural Development in Iraqi Kurdistan. Land 6(2) 44. [Open Access]
7. T. Tagesson, J. Ardö, B. Cappelaere, L. Kergoat, A. M. Abdi, S. Horion, R. Fensholt. (2017). Modelling spatial and temporal dynamics of GPP in the Sahel from Earth observation-based photosynthetic capacity and quantum efficiency. Biogeosciences 14, 1333. [Open Access]
6. A. M. Abdi, N. Boke-Olén , D. E. Tenenbaum, T. Tagesson, B. Cappalaere, J. Ardö. (2017). Evaluating water controls on vegetation growth in the semi-arid Sahel using field and Earth observations data. Remote Sensing 9(3) 294. [Open Access]
5. N. Boke-Olén, A. M. Abdi, O. Hall, V. Lehsten. (2017). High-resolution African population projections from radiative forcing and socio-economic models, 2000 to 2100. Scientific Data 4: 160130. [Open Access]
4. A. M. Abdi, A. Vrieling, G. T . Yengoh, A. Anyamba, J. Seaquist, C. C. Ummenhofer, J. Ardö. (2016). The El Niño-La Niña cycle and recent trends in the supply and demand of net primary production in African drylands. Climatic Change 38(1), 111-125. [PDF]
3. A. M. Abdi, J. Seaquist, D. E. Tenenbaum, L. Eklundh, J. Ardö. (2014). The Supply and Demand of Net Primary Production in the Sahel. Environmental Research Letters 9: 094003. [Open Access]
2. R. E. Bell, K. Tinto, I. Das, M. Wolovick, W. Chu, T. T. Creyts, N. Frearson, A. M. Abdi, J. D. Paden. (2014). Deformation, warming and softening of Greenland’s ice by refreezing meltwater. Nature Geoscience, 7, 497–502. [PDF]
1. A. M. Abdi. (2013). Integrating Open Access Geospatial Data to Map the Habitat Suitability of the Declining Corn Bunting (Miliaria calandra). ISPRS International Journal of Geoinformation. 2(4):935-954. [Open Access]
Manuscripts in Preparation
16. A. Mechiche-Alami and A. M. Abdi. (2018). Recent changes in growing season phenology and their relationship to climate in West African livelihood zones.
15. A. M. Abdi. (2018). Classification performance of four machine learning algorithms using Sentinel-2 satellite imagery over a mixed-use landscape in Sweden.
14. A. M. Abdi, H. Jin, L. Eklundh, N. Boke-Olén, T. Tagesson, V. Lehsten, J. Ardö. (2018). Potential of the plant phenology index to estimate gross primary productivity in semi-arid Africa. ** Submitted
A. M. Abdi, A. Nandipati. (2009). Abu Dhabi Island: Analysis of Development and Vegetation Change Using Remote Sensing (1972-2000). In E. Chuvieco, J. Li, and X. Yang (Eds.). Advances in Earth Observation of Global Change (Chapter 4: pp. 62-74). Berlin: Springer-Verlag. DOI:10.1007/978-90-481-9085-0 [PDF]
popular science articles
A. M. Abdi, D. B. Metcalfe: The Arctic: we don’t know as much about environmental change in the far north as we’d like to think. (2018) The Conversation.
A. M. Abdi: Chad is the country most vulnerable to climate change – here's why. (2017) The Conversation.
A. M. Abdi: Somalia conflict and famine: the causes are bad governance, not climate change. (2017) The Conversation.
A. M. Abdi: The downward spiral of conflict and famine in Somalia is due to the absence of good governance, not climate. (2017) Medium.
A. M. Abdi, C. R. Drew (2000). Black-necked Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) – A New Breeding Species for the United Arab Emirates. Phoenix 17:20-21. Compiled & distributed by Mike C. Jennings (ABBA Coordinator). Published by NCWCD, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
A. M. Abdi, S. Javed. (2001). Breeding of Greater Flamingoes (Phoenicopterus roseus) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. IUCN Species Survival Commission/Flamingo Survival Group Bulletin. ISSN 1680-1857.